My Intro 2 Let U Know

Monday, January 14, 2008

TWO more days left!!

Wow...I can't believe I'm actually leaving for HK in two days! On one hand I'm excited to put an end to Winter Break and leave home. I love my family dearly, but I've spent the past month stuck in the house without interaction from anyone close to my age. This is because as you know, my family decided to move out of the Big Apple once I entered college, like everybody else it seems. And where do we move? A country-ass town outside of ATL, where I have no friends nor any hope of making friends. This place is so bad that a stroll around the neighborhood will put you to sleep (not exaggerating), as ALL the houses look alike and there's nothing else to look at. You've seen Will Smith bug out in I Am Legend, where he thought he was the last man on earth for three years? Well, I've gotten a little taste of that feeling.

You get the point; I gotta bounce--quickly! But on the other hand, I feel a little anxious/overwhelmed/nervous that I'm actually doing this. I've been talking the talk for years about studying abroad and wanting to travel abroad, and I kept hoping that everything would go as planned and I wouldn't just ultimately prove that talk is cheap. Well, I guess I don't have to worry about that!

So I've spent the past few days preparing for my journey. That includes buying mad toiletries ($$$!) so my mom can rest assured that I'll never ever ever even think about running out of deodorant, mouthwash, face wash, and other necessities. Aaannnddd, I decided to make a very worthwhile investment: a new, high-quality digital camera. I already have one, but it sucks like the rest of my electronic products, so I figured that such a huge trip deserves extra crisp, fresh pictures. I'm excited to use it in China; from my research it seems like an excellent camera for its price. It's a little big (can't fit comfortably into my pocket), but the bad boy takes AA batteries so I'll always have access to juice! Check it out here!

So don't worry, I'll be taking plenty of pictures during these next few months. To see them click on the "A.Scholar's Pics" link on the right. I doubt I'm gonna do the whole Facebook album thing, because with Picasa I have my own pic webpag and it's easier to upload photos. More of a convenience for me than for you guys, sorry!

0 comments: