My Intro 2 Let U Know

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Greetings from Bangkok!!

Hey guys!

I landed in Bangkok last night! I'm staying in Bangkok until Friday morning, then we're going to Ko Samet (island off Thailand's coast) and staying there until Saturday, then coming back to Bangkok for my roomate's ex-girlfriend's friend's birthday party, then leaving town Sunday afternoon! This is gonna be a fun trip! I'm with the usual Asian crew that I roll with in Hong Kong, so I'm with good company. And we're staying at a Marriott Courtyard, which looks either brand new or newly-renovated, and has a funky, youthful contemporary decor! And our room is huuuuuuge, largely because we got a nice hookup from my roomate's ex-girlfriend's friend who's a Sales Coordinator for the property! So I can get my Hotelie networking game on a lil' bit if I want...

To those of you who don't know, Thailand is extremely hot! Like Miami in the heat of the summer hot, plus slightly higher temperatures and a lil' extra humidity! Actually, now that I think of it, Bangkok reminds me of Miami, because of its urban sprawl with clusters of office buildings/condos, low-rise buildings in most places, tropical scenery, and an elevated train. So far I'm feeling Thailand, even though as in Hong Kong, it's hard for me to find kicks my size! I had to settle for a pair of classic beige Chucks, which is a good look at 890 baht ($29-30 US), but it's rough when you go to a CONVERSE store, see all kinds of limited-edition and Jack Purcells and crap, and then told that because of your shoe size, you have about 3 options to choose from! It's hard out here for a pimp, real talk! But I figured, it's nice to have a classic, all-American pair of kicks in my sneaker collection....

Don't expect many blogs this week! Internet access for me will be kind of limited, and mostly restricted to checking emails! Unless, of course, you wanna slip me some bahts....

Peace

0 comments: